As Tennessee's roadways increase in congestion, so do the number of car accidents. If you have been the victim of an auto accident due to another driver’s negligence, you need experienced auto accident attorneys, such as those at James R. Omer & Associates PLLC, to fight for every penny of compensation that you deserve.
Obtaining Your Entitled Monetary Damages
After a car accident, your insurance company is bound to aggressively attempt limiting the amount of monetary compensation they will give you. After all, their employees are paid to increase the company’s profits, paying you as little as possible.
At James R. Omer & Associates, we will ensure that the insurance companies pay your full, monetary compensation as dictated by Tennessee's law, which includes:
- Long-term medical bills
- Lost wage reimbursement
- Rental car payment, if your car requires repair
- Automobile repairs or replacement, if necessary
- Compensation for any emotional stress
- Treatment of injuries sustained during the accident
Ensuring You Receive Your Full Compensation
It is vital that you do not act or say anything following an auto accident that could potentially limit your financial compensation. If you have been involved in a car accident, be sure to preserve your legal rights by:
- Accepting medical treatment at the site of the accident. If you initially refuse and later seek treatment once the adrenaline has subsided, insurance companies will claim you are being deceitful
- Taking photos of the accident scene, if possible
- Speaking with any potential witnesses and record their personal information
- Fully cooperating with the police
- Maintaining records of everything related to the car accident, including doctor visits and medical bills
- Immediately contacting your insurance company, but do not sign or provide a written or recorded statement, as it may limit your financial entitlement
- Contacting an experienced, automobile accident attorney
Avoiding Automobile Accidents
Nobody desires to be involved in an car accident. The stress of receiving compensation, dealing with physical and emotional injuries and the burden of lost wages makes the experience incredibly stressful. In order to avoid automobile accidents, be sure to:
- Obey all traffic signals and regulations
- Never drink and drive
- Buckle up—it is the law
- Pay attention to other drivers on the road and their behavior to best react to their mistakes
Find out What to Do After an Auto Accident.
Learn more about the Causes of Auto Injuries.
Read about Insurance and Car Accidents.
Learn about Whiplash and Back Injuries Following an Auto Accident.
Learn more by reading our Questions About Car Accident Injury Cases.
Unfortunately, no matter how proficient of a driver you may be, other vehicle operators who may not be as aware as you share the roadway. If you have been involved in an automobile accident in the Nashville, Tennessee area, please contact James R. Omer & Associates, PLLC and get the power of experienced, automobile attorneys on your side who will fight for your full, financial compensation.